Friday 13 September 2013

Mini Japanese Bridge

This was a short project I did last summer.
My sister was putting together a Japanese inspired garden and asked me to build a small bridge to cross the pond we had just put in.

There are several Japanese styled bridges, but in such a small space I decided to build a small bridge with a slight curve to it




Like all good projects, it begins with a pile of raw wood.

These pegs will aid with the bending

Two timbers are laminated between 3 pegs

Meanwhile, I cut up and chamfer the edges of some planks

The two curved timbers are joined with baseplates

The base is staked into place and the planks start going on

Getting the gaps even

I'm using weather proof screws, so hopefully it'll last

The finished bridge

Hopefully it'll weather into the landscape after a while


No comments:

Post a Comment